Thursday, July 26, 2012

Cherry Cupcakes


We came up with these fun Cherry Cupcakes yesterday. I think they turned out so cute and they are pretty easy to make!  We also gave them a cherry flavor!

Cherry Cupcakes

Duncan HinesWhite Cake Mix
1 Small Box of Cherry Jello
Duncan Hines Frosting Creations
Duncan Hines Cherry Vanilla Flavor
Lime Tootsie Rolls
Red Sprinkles
Green Apple Sour Punch Straws

Here are some of the products that you will need....


 We mixed boxed cherry Jello into our white boxed cake mix. We scooped our mix into mini muffin tins.  Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes until set.  Let them cool.  We mixed our Frosting Creations cherry vanilla flavoring into the Duncan Hines frosting. Frost the cupcakes...


I had my little helpers and one of them couldn't wait to dive into our mini cherry cupcakes!:) 


Dip the cupcakes in red sprinkles after frosting them.


My youngest helper adores sprinkles!


To make the stem you will need green Tootsie Rolls and Green Apple Sour Punch Straws.  You want to take the Tootsie Roll and cut it in half.  Then take that half and pinch in down in the middle. Press the sides with yours fingers to look like leaves.  You can also use a toothpick to make any details on the stems.  Cut your sour straws in half and press the leaves on the top. They will stick.  If not then just secure with frosting.  Poke a hole in 2 mini cupcakes with a toothpick.  Press your stems in the holes as far as they will go.  That's it!  Now you have super cute Cherry Cupcakes!


Here is a close up...


Here is my 6 year old with his Cherry Cupcakes


These would be so cute for a party or just to make for fun!  We had so much fun making them and hope that you will too!


If you like our silly food we would love for you to follow along on our RSS feed , Facebook , & Twitter!






41 comments:

  1. These are super beautiful and will be a big hit at any party :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so beyond adorable! You have so many great/fun ideas. Visiting from SomethingSwanky linkup :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fabulous!! I love that you used Cherry Jell-O, and they are SO cute! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Along with your boys, these are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these!! How fun and what kid wouldn't love these! I love the picture with your little guy staring into the bowl of red sugar!!!! That would be my kids! Thanks for this great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are sooo cute! They just seem to fit for summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh!! These are adorable!! I would love it if you would link this up to Tasty Thursdays at The Mandatory Mooch. It is a new linky party that I started this week. It is still running for 4 more days. Hope to see you there. Nichi
    http://mandatorymooch.blogspot.com/2012/07/tasty-thursdays-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. The kid looks how I'd look if I was served the cakes! Delighted!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really cute! I love the creativity! We love making cupcakes around here and changing them up is always fun--thank you for sharing your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun idea to do with kids... Can't wait until my nieces and nephews come to visit so I can make this with them. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday. Newest follower.
    marlys-thisandthat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are absolutely adorable. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is a GREAT idea! I love cherries and definitely going to make these! Thanks for sharing! Liz

    ReplyDelete
  13. That tongue hanging tell it all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are soooo cute! What a wonderful idea :)

    Tanya
    http://twelveoeight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. So brilliant! What a cute idea! And your kids looks so enthusiatic! Nice work

    ReplyDelete
  16. These look so beautiful! Love the photos of your sons! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday! I hope you came by today to VOTE!

    ReplyDelete
  17. They are adorable and I love that the little guys got involved too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are so stinking adorable!! Plus this way you get two cupcakes to eat...bonus:-) Your little helpers are way too cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm definitely pinning these! My BFF is crazy about cherries! Thanks for sharing!! -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are the cutest cupcakes that I've seen:) Such a neat idea to use the candy for the stems!

    ReplyDelete
  21. My daughter is going to FLIP when she sees these (I can guess what we'll be making this weekend)

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are absolutely adorable! How creative! I jumped over from Tasty Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are just adorable!

    I would love if you would post it and share it with my readers! Join the Community and share any of your creative project!

    Susan @ Oh My! Creative

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are just adorable!

    I would love if you would post it and share it with my readers! Join the Community and share any of your creative project!

    Susan @ Oh My! Creative

    ReplyDelete
  25. Adorable! I would love if you would link these up at my party going on now :)
    http://www.salttree.net/2012/07/open-call-tuesday-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. I don't know which is cuter... the cupcakes or those adorable boys. Yes, I do! Your kiddos are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow! Your work always impresses me. These are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  28. cute and creative i love it! they turned out awesome! Please come share this and link up at our "Home is Where the Heart is" Link party! We'd love to have you! :) Feel free to link up other posts that would be helpful to others as well!
    http://www.homesteadsimple.com/home-is-where-the-heart-is-link-it-up-wednesdays-4/

    ReplyDelete
  29. These turned out so adorable. What a fun treat for a cherry themed party! Thanks for linking. Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  30. These look so cute and delicious! Thank you for posting on Saturday Show and Tell. I can't wait for what you'll be posting this week, hope to see you back!
    -Mackenzie
    http://www.cheeriosandlattes.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow these are super cute! Love the idea and your 6 yr old is even cuter :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. These are so darling...makes me want to have a party!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hey you are SO creative! I think you should make a lot like a bunch of grapes for big people-LOL! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete