Sunday, February 19, 2012

Presidents Day George Washington Pancakes


I had totally forgotten about Presidents Day until the boys reminded me on Friday that they had off of school on Monday. We made these fun George Washington Pancakes yesterday morning and it was very easy and fun to make. The boys got a kick out of it!

We used pancake mix (we like Bisquick), whipped cream spray, and 1 dark grape.

We shaped our pancake mix in the pan on low heat into the shape of his face. Cut around the edges with kitchen scissors to clean it up when it's cooled off just a bit. Place on the plate. Make another pancake and cut the nose, lips, and eye lids out of that. Spray on the whipped cream for the hair and eyes. We cut the ends off of a dark grape for the pupils.

That's it! The kids will have fun making this as well and it's a fun way to talk about our history and George Washington!


If you like our silly food we would love for you to follow along on our RSS feed , Facebook , & Twitter!



34 comments:

  1. This is awesome. So awesome that I pinned it...I gave your website credit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you came up with this on the spur of the moment! You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your projects always put a smile on my face! Incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These adorable! Thanks for linking up on Made by you Monday! I shared these on facebook and twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this!!! Found your through Craft O Maniac! I have a cooking blog myself a would love for you to stop by anytime! Have a wonderful day :) Oh and I am pinning this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great! Will try to make tomorrow morning. My 8 year old history buff will LOVE them (so will my other kids - because they have whipped cream!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is too adorable, Jill!! The nose is my favorite!! LOVE it.

    {HUGS},
    kristi

    ReplyDelete
  8. FUNNY!!! I love this. :)
    CLEVER.
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg SO cute! I am your newest follower & I would LOVE for you to link this up to My Favorite Things Party going on all week!Much love,
    Iffy
    StayAtHomeNation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pure awesome. I'd love for you to link it up to my party. You can win a chance of free home decor just for linking up: http://trophyw.blogspot.com/2012/02/will-craft-for-laughter-and-grace.html
    Hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow that looks amazing, fun face pancakes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute. A great idea here. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  13. The cutist ever , I Love it.. thanks for introducing me to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's hilarious! You must be such a fun Mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm super impressed! You draw better with pancake than I on paper.:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha! This totally cracks me up! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This cracks me up every time I see it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing! You are so creative and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. brillant, now following, great ideas

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks so much for linking up at last week's party. Congrats you were featured:http://trophyw.blogspot.com/2012/02/winner-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. I had to draw another winner and it's you! Please contact me lilbirdz1@yahoo.com to claim your prize.

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW - amazing!! You have the coolest creations!! Thanks for linking up to TGIF!! Have a GREAT week,
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is hilarious! I made these and they were a huge hit!! I love your website! You have such great ideas for things that are so fun and easy to make too!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. How fun is this! I love it! My little man would think this was great!

    ReplyDelete